Honiton ladies success for Jame Watts
- Credit: Archant
A total of 32 ladies took part in the first Honiton ladies’ medal competition of 2015.
The ladies had to battle a strong and gusty wind, but the sun shone throughout to help keep spirits up and the players motivated!
In silver division, Jane Watts was the winner with a net 79 and Janet Hughes claimed second place with a net 81.
However, the best scores of the day came in the Bronze One Division where three ladies all had a net 77 so countback came into play.
This meant first place going to Dot Grove with the minor placings taken by Sharon Dacre (2nd) and Penny Blackburn (3rd).
You may also want to watch:
Jan Portlock won the Bronze Two Division with a net 78.
In the 9-hole stableford competition, Linda McLaughlin was the winner with 15 points.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 5 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 6 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief