Honiton ladies’ Texas Scramble victory for Ritchie, Major and Luttman
- Credit: Archant
Honiton ladies were able to enjoy the weather for their latest Wednesday meeting, writes John Pawley.
They played a Texas Scramble and, thanks to the conditions, there was not a temporary green or tee to be seen.
Eight teams of three, with one player drawn from each division, played just 14 holes before enjoying a fashion show.
Deciding which player’s shot to use became a tactical decision as the longest shot was not necessarily the one to choose.
The eventual winners were Sue Ritchie, Chris Major and Chris Luttman with Lesley Oxenham, Jane Watts and Jan Lloyd next. Sickness had reduced two of the teams to only two players each, so they played against each other, with Mona Carter and June Hodge getting a very good 30 points and beating Diana Gee and Pam Knibb.
You may also want to watch:
Cathy Pawley and Chris Major entered their first competition with Chris in the winning team.
Following on from the golf, lady captain Janet Hughes had organised a fashion show which was greatly enjoyed by all.
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 7 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 8 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Government scraps house building quota in East Devon
Featuring some of the new designs of golf clothing for the summer months, these were modelled by some of the lady members themselves.