Honiton ladies turn out in force for the Grannies Cup
There was a good turn out by Honiton ladies for the coveted Grannies Cup.
Jane Watts was the worthy winner this year with a total of 35 stableford points, with Joan Smith in second place with 34.
Not to be left out, the ladies without grandchildren played for their own Non-Grannies Cup and the winner here was Ann Trayling with 36 stableford points. Runner-up was Diana Gee with 34.
The ladies also competed for the honour of representing Honiton Golf Club in the national competition – Daily Mail Foursomes.
Results were high and it was a photo finish for the top two places with the qualifiers being Jackie Seager and Heather Clarke who needed countback to separate them from Hilda Hoepelman and Ann Desmoulins after both pairings posted scores of 38 points.
You may also want to watch:
Prizes were awarded to Jane Watts and Chris Luttman, in third with 36 points, Tricia Swindell and Olwen Eaton claimed fourth after countback with their score of 31 points also recorded by the duo of Henrietta Bradshaw and Su Calver.
In a 9-hold stableford competition Barbara Mullet was first with 15 points and Rosemary Whiteley was second with 14 points.
- 1 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 2 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 3 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 10 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre