Honiton ladies victory for the lady captain’s team in annual match
- Credit: Archant
Honiton ladies played a combined foursomes and Killard Leavy competition - with the winning pair being nominated to represent the club in the Killard Leavy trophy later in the year at Saunton, writes John Pawley.
The winning pairing comprised of lady vice captain Liz Rogers and Jan Portlock with their score being 34 points.
Second were Sue Ritchie and lady captain Janet Hughes with 32. Third and fourth place had to be determined by countback with Lizz Wood and Gill Johnson edging Tricia Swindell and Jackie Seager into fourth after both pairings recorded a score of 31 points.
In other ladies news, last week’s competition was the annual challenge between the lady captain’s team – dressed in pink – and the lady vice captain’s team – dressed in blue.
The four-ball better ball format made it a lengthy affair, but the good weather and much good natured banter, ensured a really good day was had by all.
You may also want to watch:
The honours for right to bag the balloons and sweeties, went to the lady captain’s team by the narrow score of five to four, but it was felt a ‘swingometer’ (of BBC election history), was needed as the results were coming in.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone