Honiton ladies’ win for Trayling, Barnes and Hyde
- Credit: Archant
A fun competition was played by the Honiton ladies, writes John Pawley.
The format was three-ball better ball with two scores to count over 14 holes.
Mild, but with a chilly wind meant that scoring was pretty good. Ann Trayling, Stephani Barnes and Susan Hyde came out on top with their 53 points – their prizes were mini Christmas trees.
The runners-up, with 52 points, were Anne Davies, Sue Kelson and Catherine Hunt, each winning a Christmas wreath.
There were also hidden prizes for the best points score on any hole, with two teams achieving seven points.
You may also want to watch:
Afterwards, Liz Rogers was the winner of the Christmas hat competition, judged by Golf Club bar manager Andras.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery