Honiton ladies win well in Over-50s League visit to Pinces Gardens
- Credit: Archant
Honiton ladies lost their National Top Club match at Crediton, writes Joan Mackintosh.
Honiton won two of the events and lost two. T Lambert and J Sherwood won the Pairs, 23-16 and, in the fours, there was success for Y Raynor, J Heard, A Hillier and S Evans, 19-17.
However, with the overall result dependent on the scores across all four disciplines, the final tally was one of 78 shots to 66 in favor of the Mid Devon side.
In other club news, Honiton ladies were 45-31 winners in their Over-50s match at Exeter-based Pinces Gardens where the top Honiton rink was the one of J Heard, A Hillier and H Chambers, who secured a 25-12 win. It all meant that the ladies banked six points for their efforts and they banked a similar number of points from a 43-27 home meeting with Sidmouth Yellow in a contest that saw both Honiton rinks win with the top scoring one being that L Carless, D Courtney and A Hillier, who won 27-13.
Honiton played a mixed friendly match against Lyme Regis at home and it ended with a 93-84 success with the top rink being D Lindley, N Baxter, P Eells and J Smith, 23-17.
You may also want to watch:
In the return match, played at Lyme Regis, Honiton lost 108-71. The top Honiton rink was the one of J Mackintosh, M Critchley, D Hawkins, M Seaborne, 21-15.
The other mixed friendly played last week resulted in an 82-68 home defeat to the South Dorset Bowling Association. The top home rink was the one of E Domed, M Parsons, B Mackintosh, S Howell, who won 22-15.
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 4 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 5 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 9 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
In men’s Over-60s League matches. Honiton A lost to visiting Okehamptob, going down 49-31 with the best home rink the one of M Critchley, Sam Sherwood and B Nicholls, who were edged out 19-17.
Honiton C took on Wellington C and won on one rink and drew the other one their way to an overall 40-29 success.
In 2017, Honiton and Kings BC Torquay were finalists in the Ladies Interclub competition.
However, this year they met in the first round played at Starcross, and, after a hard-fought match Honiton lost by 46 shots to 33.
The top Honiton rink was the one of Y Rayner, J Heard, J Sherwood, S Evans, who won 23-17.