Honiton lady bowlers make further Yetton Plate progress
Honiton ladies have won through to the national quarter-final of the Yetton Plate after beating Thornbury 81 shots to 65, writes Julie Grant.
The ladies now play Egerton Park, from Bexhill-On-Sea, with the fixture set to be played on a neutral green on February 14.
The two rinks playing at Thornbury had a very early start to get there for 10am and did well to lose by only one shot.
Back at Honiton there was success on both rinks with Ann Brown, Ann Hillyear, Carol Smith, and skip Julie Grant winning by 13.
This means Honiton are flying the flag for Devon as Plymouth lost their match in the Yetton Trophy.
You may also want to watch:
Wins were also recorded in the Foxlands and Lane county leagues. In the Foxlands, Honiton got all ten points against Exonia, everyone won, with a top rink of Berry Maynard, Pearl Hackwood, Brenda Harris and skip Shirley Hiscocks scoring an outstanding 46 shots to 14.
The Lane ladies won overall against Sidmouth, 68 shots to 65. Their top rink was Phyllis Milner, Daphne Courtney, Val Kille and skip Carol Armitage 22-12.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
The two losses of the week were in the ladies Top Club and the men’s Over-60 game against Axminster.
However, congratulations must got to Rosemary Hirons and Carole Binmore who won the singles in the Top Club game whilst the rest lost to ISCA with Honiton going down 3-2 overall.