Honiton lady bowlers win opening Top Club match
- Credit: Archant
Knowing what you need to do and actually doing it are two different things, writes Julie Grant.
In the ICL before Christmas Honiton’s home rink of men knew that they were level with Torquay United and, on their last end, any score would give them the overall points.
The rink of Wally Heard, Roger Binmore, Ian Veitch and skip Steve Dommett pulled it out of the hat by scoring one and so victory went to Honiton!
In the ICL after Christmas the men suffered a defeat to Torbay. There were mixed fortunes in the mixed friendlies too.
There was a pre-festive break 73-50 win against Dunkeswell, 73-50, with the top rink being David Tooley, Harry Riley, Judith Broom and Di Morley (28-9) before an early new year 68-39 reversal away at Exonia.
You may also want to watch:
In this game the best Honiton rink was the one of David Tooley, John Munslow, Richard Chapple and Di Morley, (16-18).
The ladies had success in their first match in the county Top Club with an emphatic win against Budleigh in a contest that saw all five events victorious.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone