Honiton Lady Captain’s Day joy for Ritchie, Blundell and Dawe
- Credit: Archant
It was Lady Captain’s Day last Wednesday and a light hearted competition (no pressure) was organised by the lady captain for the enjoyment of the section with lovely prizes donated by her for the winners, writes John Pawley.
The format was a Texas Scramble Greensomes with teams of three, drawn, one from each handicap category.
The final scores were fairly close with each gross score being reduced by 10 per cent of the combined handicap of the team.
The winners were Sue Ritchie, Linda Blundell and Sarah Dawe with a score of 69.5 followed by Diana Gee, Gill Johnson and Linda McLaughlin with 69.6 and Ann Trayling, Brenda Hyde and Carole Booth with 69.7.
The 9-hole winners were Catherine Hunt and Joy Kerr with 36.5. Nearest-the-pin on the second hole was Hilda Hoepelman, nearest-the-pin on the 12th was Olwen Eaton and nearest-the-line on the 18th was Brenda Hyde.
You may also want to watch:
A very enjoyable day was had by all.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 5 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 6 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 7 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis