Honiton make new signing ahead of new campaign
- Credit: Archant
Honiton RFC have made a major signing ahead of the forthcoming 2018/19 campaign.
The new man at Allhallows is Alex Brooks, who has joined the Lacemen’s coaching staff.
Brooks is an experienced fly half who has played for Cullompton since he was a junior.
He has been their first choice number ten for many years and he is a well-respected manager of the game from what is an undoubted key position.
Given his experience, Alex has decided he is now looking for a new challenge and very much wants to get into coaching whilst still having the opportunity to still play.
You may also want to watch:
This ‘player-coaching’ role gives him the ideal opportunity to do that and he is very much welcomed by Honiton and with a strong set of players, all remaining at Honiton from last season, there is an air of optimism for the Lacemen to build on last year’s on-the-field successes.
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 7 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 8 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Government scraps house building quota in East Devon