Honiton make sure of D Division berth with two wicket win at Sampford Peverell
- Credit: Archant
Honiton ended any fears of a nervous last day of the season when they secured their D Division status with a two-wicket win over relegation threatened Halberton and Sampford Peverell.
Kev Kelly provided the individual all-round performance of the game with a four wicket haul as the Mid Devon side were bowled out for 215 and the Kelly struck 34 as Honiton edged home.
Kelly was supported by brother Ian in the bowling attack, the latter taking 2-31.
The successful run chase was led by Pete Matravers with a superb unbeaten 71 whilst Kev Thompson (38) and Kieran Conway (20) chipped in to see Honiton safely home.
Honiton seconds completed their home programme in what has been a very difficult C Division season, losing their 15th game in 16 outings, beaten by 136-runs by Exeter III.
You may also want to watch:
They complete their season on Saturday at Bideford II.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 9 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery