Honiton member Anne Davies celebrates 40 super years with the club
- Credit: Archant
Honiton Golf Club member Anne Davies organised a special Thank You Day to say show her appreciation to all cub members and staff, past and present, for all their support, loyalty, friendship and advice over the decades, writes Liz Rogers.
Anne still remembers the very warm welcome she received when she first joined the club in 1974. Since then, she has held a number of key leadership roles at the club.
The golf competition that Anne had arranged for her day started from three tees to ensure all ladies could be back at the clubhouse at roughly the same time.
Anne invited many long standing friends (and she has many!)
She laid on a thank you drink and light refreshments for everyone and also provided a splendid prize table for all the different competitions she had arranged.
You may also want to watch:
Every type of membership category was given a chance to compete and not a single person was left out. It was a wonderful day for one and all.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 6 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 7 The US Open: part two
- 8 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 9 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax