Honiton men celebrate double triumph in Top Club events.
- Credit: Archant
The Honiton men enjoyed double delight in Top Club events, writes Julie Grant.
They have won their national Top Club meeting with Sidmouth 3-2 and now meet Madeira.
They also won their county Top Club meting with Seaton by the same 3-2 score line.
Although winning on one rink when playing Sidmouth in the County Trophy in the Over 60s triples league, Honiton men lost by four shots. In the Over-60s Triples League the A team ended their losing streak, beating Ottery St Mary 43-24. here the top rink was the one of; David Lindley, Roger Willcocks, and Mike Uniacke (19-7).
In a friendly game the mixed team lost 104-90 at Bridport, but three triples won, with the top rink being Di Hawkins, Tony Williams and Jimmy Smith (22 – 7).
You may also want to watch:
In a ladies friendly, Honiton were successful, this time at home to Feniton who they defeated 50-43 with the top rink comprising of Di Hawkins, Yvonne Williams and Ann Hillyear (25-10).
In county competitions for clubs the ladies lost their Grace Mathews Top Club fixture with Madeira 4-1.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 3 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 4 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 5 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 8 Riding through the lockdown restrictions
- 9 Dragon Patchers will continue to keep Devon's potholes filled
- 10 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
Berry Maynard flew the Honiton flag highest with a famous victory on an extra end in the two wood singles. In the Interclub competition Honiton cruised to success by 20 shots over Kings, Torquay and next play Brixham.
If you would like to have a go at bowls Honiton are hosting taster sessions on Monday evenings from 6pm through to 7.30pm. There’s no cost and all equipment is provided. Just turn up and have a go!