Honiton men make national two fours progress with Madeira B win
- Credit: Archant
Honiton men had a thrilling single shot success in their first national two fours contest against Madeira B, writes Julie Grant.
Honiton were 44-32 winners to take their place in the next round of the competition which will see them take on Exonia A.
The winning rink, scoring 30-15, were Peter Baker, Bill Nicholls, Gerry Stafrace and Ken Large.
Meanwhile, the men’s Over-60s A team had their first rink win over Exonia A. Gerry Stafrace and Ken Large being joined this time by Ken Clarke, were 24-19 winners to give the team their first two points in Division One of the league.
The ladies Over-50s triples team also gained two points last week in their league game away at Sidmouth Yellow where the winning rink was the one of Rosemary Hirons, Janet Sherwood and Julie Grant, 16-15.
You may also want to watch:
In the mixed friendlies, Honiton recorded an away win, but a home defeat.
At Taunton Vivary, Honiton won 61 shots to 51, top rink Di Hawkins, Barrie Singleton, Janet Sherwood, and Malcolm Seaborne, 23-8.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
However, in the home meeting with Lyme Regis, Hontiton lost 88-79. The top Honiton rink players were David Tooley, Maureen Parsons, Tracey Lambert, and Bill Nicholls.