Honiton Mixed enjoy Geoff and Sheila Banks Trophy meeting
- Credit: Archant
There were over 40 Honiton Mixed Section members that played for the Geoff and Sheila Banks Trophy, writes Liz Rogers.
This trophy was presented to the Tuesday Mixed by Geoff in memory of his wife Sheila. The pair ran the Mixed Tuesday Competitions for many years, and members were delighted to see Geoff at the club to present his trophy.
The format is the very popular treble six stableford. This sees holes one to six played as better-ball, holes seven to 12 as greensomes and 13 to 18 as foursomes.
The successful pair to claim the trophy were Jean Smith and Andy Sharland who carded 41 points - this included Jean scoring five points on a par three in the betterball section.
The minor places were all decided on countback with the runners-up spot going to Linda McLaughlin and club chairman Peter Clarke. Third spot went to Dot Grove and Brian Morrison with Di Wall and Bob Barnes in fourth.
You may also want to watch:
Geoff then presented the trophy to Jean and Andy and Andy gave a vote of thanks saying how special it was to him to win this cup and how pleased he was to be back playing and seeing old friends. Geoff then gave a ‘random card prize’, which was won by Maureen Tollemache and Cyril Dann, and thanked everyone for taking part in the competition.
- 1 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 2 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters