Honiton Musketeers Under-13s into the Devon Plate final after Torquay triumph
Honiton Musketeers 15, Torquay 7 Honiton Musketeers Under-13s booked a place in this coming weekend’s Devon Plate final with a fine all-round show.
The first half saw some good rugby played by both sides, but the defences held firm and the game was scoreless at the break. With the Allhallows slope in their favour the Musketeers started the second half brightly and were pinning Torquay back in their own half on a regular basis. From a line-out close to the try line No 8 Jacob Wright muscled his way over to open the scoring, with the back-row and inside backs pressuring Torquay into mistakes, it was again Wright who wriggled his way over to give Honiton some breathing space with ten minutes remaining. However, Torquay were not giving in and from a number of quickly taken penalties found themselves
rumbling over under the posts to score a converted try and a 10-7 score line
with five minutes remaining. However, the Musketeers were not going to be denied
and pinned Torquay back into their half and with the final play of the game centre Henry Williams stormed over out wide to seal the win. Solid performances from all the boys that played, but it was Hooker Finlay Blackmore who took the Man of the Match award.
You may also want to watch:
Devonport Services await the Musketeers in the final which is being played at Tiverton
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 8 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 9 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 10 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost