Honiton net superb Foxlands victory over Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
There were two great results for Honiton bowlers to warm their hearts before the snow caused chaos at the weekend, writes Julie Grant.
In the ladies’ county Foxlands Division One league game against local rivals Sidmouth, Honiton had an outstanding victory, winning 104 shots to 61.
The success saw Honiton bank nine out of the 10 available as three rinks won and one drew away.
The winning rinks at home were: Gloria Randall, Sharon Kenny, Pat Whitworth and Rita Barwick, 28-12; Myra Singleton, Judith Broom, Marian Vessey and Janet Sherwood, 29-16; and (away) Yvonne Williams, Di Hawkins, Heather Chambers and Carole Binmore, 30-16.
In the mixed friendly triples match with Topsham, Honiton won 103 shots to 41 and, in this contest, won on all rinks with the top triple being the one of David Tooley, Lindsey Howell and Garry Osborne, who won 31-5.
You may also want to watch:
In the club competitions, Steve Coles and Yvonne Rayner won their championship singles last Friday evening.
The Saturday and Sunday games were a little disrupted and so, when completed, all the results will be reported after presentation evening on April 14.
- 1 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 2 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters