Honiton Netball Summer League latest – Uplowman get so sixy with another victory
With the halfway stage in fixtures now passed for most teams it’s still Uplowman who are making the running in the Honiton Summer Netball League, writes Graham Ingram.
Uplowman netted their sixth win in as many games to go three points clear at the top of the table after victory over Tip Top Trees, achieved starting 12 goals down!
They soon chased down the deficit with Vicky Channing playing well. Abby Dare worked hard for Tip Top Trees, but Uplowman proved too strong and ended with a 60-45 victory.
Last week Signs South West had jumped into second spot and were hoping to maintain their challenge when they met JD Tyres.
It was not to be despite strong play from Sam Brounski at GK, it was JD who held firm (just) to record a 59-58 win thanks to good play from Emma Bright.
You may also want to watch:
SSW had chased down the JD advantage, but fell tantalisingly short and dropped back to fourth place. Pixies and Flamingos both took advantage of the SSW set back with victories over Sidmouth Toucans and Blackdown Ladies respectively. Toucans started with a six goal deficit against Pixies, but with Sara Pearce playing well the Pixies were too strong despite the best efforts of Vicki Russell for Toucans and increased their advantage to win by 41-34.
Flamingos returned to action with an eventually comfortable win over Blackdown Ladies who made them work hard for their points.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 5 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 6 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 7 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 8 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
Once again Nicki Snell stole the show for the Ladies whilst Rachel Burroughs was the pick of the Flamingos from their 65-44 win.
Uplowman 60, Tip Top Trees 45; Signs South West 58, JD Tyres 59; Flamingos 65, Blackdown Ladies 44; Sidmouth Toucans 47, Pixies 59.
Tables P GD Pts
Uplowman 6 120 18
Flamingos 6 48 15
Pixies 7 5 15
Signs South West 6 45 14
OPG 5 24 13
JD Tyres 6 -29 13
Tip Top Trees 6 -26 10
Hi Q 5 13 9
Blackdown Ladies 6 -68 8
Sidmouth Toucans 6 -84 8
Howden Hawks 5 -48 5