Honiton RAFA Open joy for Adrian Howe and Lawrence Leader
- Credit: Archant
The RAFA Open is an annual event that is always well supported by both Honiton members and also many visiting clubs, writes Ann Desmoulins.
The Royal Air Force Association Trophy has been keenly contested for many years and this year was no exception.
On yet another lovely day, a large field which included representatives from some 16 visiting clubs (including one from Holland) played a four-ball better ball stableford off 90 per cent of handicaps.
The overall winners of the RAFA Trophy were Adrian Howe and Lawrence Leader from Taunton and Pickeridge with 45 points.
There were four visitors’ prizes and four for the home contingent taking part. The home winners were Norman Runciman and SteveBromby with 44 points on countback from second Jason Gosling and Haydon McCance (44) and third, also after countback, were Jimmy Giles and Darren McCabe (44).
You may also want to watch:
Fourth were the duo of Graham Charleton and Laurie Quinn with 43.
Nearest the pin on the second hole was Kim Beaucham and nearest the pin on the 12th hole was Elizabeth Ward while the winner of the longest drive on the 18th hole was James Drew.
- 1 Village pub landlord helps feed vulnerable members of community
- 2 Latest planning applications in East Devon
- 3 4 common roofing problems and how you can fix them
- 4 Charity plant fair with plenty for gardeners and growers to enjoy
- 5 Property of the Week: The Manse, Seaton
- 6 Keeping in time with the rest of the country
- 7 British Legion branch appeals for help to avoid closure
- 8 Virtual work experience programme for young people in region
- 9 Town group marks national u3a day in style
- 10 Virtual handicap race for Axe Valley Runners