Honiton RAFA Open joy for Adrian Howe and Lawrence Leader
- Credit: Archant
The RAFA Open is an annual event that is always well supported by both Honiton members and also many visiting clubs, writes Ann Desmoulins.
The Royal Air Force Association Trophy has been keenly contested for many years and this year was no exception.
On yet another lovely day, a large field which included representatives from some 16 visiting clubs (including one from Holland) played a four-ball better ball stableford off 90 per cent of handicaps.
The overall winners of the RAFA Trophy were Adrian Howe and Lawrence Leader from Taunton and Pickeridge with 45 points.
There were four visitors’ prizes and four for the home contingent taking part. The home winners were Norman Runciman and SteveBromby with 44 points on countback from second Jason Gosling and Haydon McCance (44) and third, also after countback, were Jimmy Giles and Darren McCabe (44).
You may also want to watch:
Fourth were the duo of Graham Charleton and Laurie Quinn with 43.
Nearest the pin on the second hole was Kim Beaucham and nearest the pin on the 12th hole was Elizabeth Ward while the winner of the longest drive on the 18th hole was James Drew.
- 1 Watchmaker's celebrity approach proves a timely move
- 2 Hourly weekday services resume on East Devon rail link
- 3 School old boy went above and beyond call of duty to honour ware heroes
- 4 Have your say on future development of village
- 5 Mark thanks Scouts for helping in the battle to beat polio
- 6 Exeter Chiefs star inspires young rugby players during Honiton store visit
- 7 Food and drink festival proves the perfect tonic after lockdown
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 End of online meetings leaves councils with a dilemma
- 10 Firefighters ask farmers to be on guard after spate of blazes