Honiton Rhinos in great form as they see off Newton Abbot
- Credit: Archant
Honiton Under-8s Rhinos had another successful morning when they hosted a Newton Abbot party that were sent home having been beaten three times.
The visiting party pitched up with 17 payers in tow – against the nine on duty for the Rhinos.
That meant that Newton Abbot were able to use plenty of fresh legs, but it did not stop the Rhinos enjoying the better of the exchanges.
Rhinos won the first encounter 9-6 with Jake Downs scoring four tries and Bobby Perrett three. There were also tries from Jack Vernon and Harry Branch.
The second game ended 10-7 in favour of Rhinos with Logan Symons (3), Sam Olliff (2), Reuben Lister, Jack Vernon, Jake Downs, Bobby Perrett and Charlie Beer, the scorers.
You may also want to watch:
The third game saw Rhinos win 13-2. A result made all the more remarkable given that it was the third match running that the home youngsters had to play the full game whereas the visitors were able to use the wider squad.
Jack Vernon helped himself to a hat-trick with the other scores coming from Bobby Perrett (2), Sam Olliff (2), Reuben Lister, Harry Branch, Eiran Enticott, Jake Downs, Logan Symons and Charlie Beer.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 3 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 8 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 9 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
The Rhinos Player of the Day award went to Charlie Beer for his all-round great play and excellent tagging.