Honiton Rhinos Under-9s look good in meetings with Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
Honiton Under-9s Rhinos travelled to Sidford to take on Sidmouth and returned with two wins and a draw from their morning of action.
The travelling squad comprised; Bobby Perrett, Jake Downs, Charlie Beer, Jack Vernon, Reuben Lidster, Harry Branch, Eiren Enticott, Jack Hodder, Elli Sparks, Logan Symons and Sam Olliff.
In the first game Rhinos made a powerful start and did not look back with the midweek training clearly paying off. The defence was solid throughout and the game ultimately won 11-4 with Jake Downs leading the scoring with five tries. The others came from Eiren Enticott (2), Sam Olliff, Charlie Beer, Reuben Lidster and Jack Vernon.
Game two resulted in a win by the odd try in 17 with the Rhinos scorers; Vernon (3), Downs (2), Enticott, Bobby Perrett, Lidster and Harry Branch.
Game three saw some tired legs on show with the 12-player Rhinos squad up against the 20 plus of the Sidmouth squad and so the opposition were able to introduce plenty of fresh legs! However, again the Rhinos played with distinction, sharing 12 tries with Sidmouth. In this game the tries came from Perrett (2), Downs (2), Branch and Enticott.
You may also want to watch:
The Rhinos Man of the Match award went to Jack Vernon for his tackling, scoring and overall consistent play.
A Rhinos coach said: “It was another great show from all the players who, as a group, worked hard and played so well as a team. They showed lost of excellent determination.”
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 5 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 6 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 7 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 8 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 9 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 10 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond