Honiton runner Bidmead does well at Arlington Court Canter
On the hottest day of the year Honiton runner Howard Bidmead travelled to North Devon to take part in the Arlington Court Canter, writes Judy Davey.
This event is arguably the most scenic off-road 10K in Devon.
It starts and finishes at the front of Arlington House.
The run took in outstanding views, woodland tracks and lakeside paths as well as several hills.
Bidmead finished in 30th place and was first O55 male finishing in a time of 48:43.
You may also want to watch:
Over 150 runners took part.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 3 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 8 Riding through the lockdown restrictions
- 9 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 10 Dragon Patchers will continue to keep Devon's potholes filled