Honiton Running Club duo have busy couple of days!
- Credit: Archant
Two Honiton Running Club members, James Denne and Gemma Collier had a busy few days last week, with two races in four days, writes Judy Davey.
On Wednesday, they travelled up to the village of Tintinhull in Somerset to compete in a multi-terrain race over 10k.
Upon arrival, they were met by some friendly and supportive locals with temperatures warm for a nice summer’s evening.
James ran hard for the first 4k before establishing a big lead then eased back to save his legs for Sunday.
He won the race overall in a time of 36 minutes 14 seconds, three and a half minutes ahead of the next athlete. Gemma won the ladies race (11th overall) by two minutes in 44.37. There were 105 runners.
You may also want to watch:
On Sunday, they raced at the Pitchcroft 10k at Worcester Racecourse. The race consisted of a flat three-lap course, with a strong head wind on the back straight. James was second in 32.38, in a very competitive field. Gemma ran a massive personal best by 50 seconds to finish third in the ladies race with a time of 40.01.
- 1 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 8 How you can help your children keep up with studying
- 9 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 10 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust