Honiton Running Club quartet run well at Bridgwater Half Marathon
- Credit: Archant
Kevin Hawker, Wendy Williams, Bernice Bastin and Tom Bornet of Honiton Running Club did the Bridgwater Half on a very windy day last Sunday in preparation for Jersey Marathon at the beginning of October, writes Judy Davey.
Wendy and Bernice had great runs both getting personal best times; Wendy by a huge six minutes and Bernice by two minutes.
Both finished crossing the line just a second apart in two hours and seven minutes.
Kevin had an unfortunate run choking on a jelly baby at six miles, but managed to work his way through the field to finish fourth overall.
A great result, but he was disappointed as he was three minutes slower than last year in 1:19:26.
You may also want to watch:
Tom had a good run looking strong at the finish.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 3 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 6 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 7 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 8 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 9 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 10 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home