Honiton’s Kev Hawker runs well at Exeter Marathon
- Credit: Archant
Kev Hawker, Adam Hennessay, Tim Wigram and Steve Boyes of Honiton Running Club (HRC) took on the Exeter Marathon last Sunday, writes Judy Davey.
Starting at Exeter City Football Club, it went through the town centre then onto the Quay for three loops around the windy riverside to finish at Haven Banks.
Kev Hawker was first back for HRC in a time of three-hours-and-thirty-seconds.
After leading at six miles he was sent the wrong way and dropped back to third!
Not that it affected the result as his legs went into a shuffle after 20 miles to finish fifth overall.
You may also want to watch:
Steve Boyes had a great run coming home in 3:56. Adam Hennessey was in good shape and hoping for a quick time. Unfortunately, injury struck with a swollen foot. Adam took his shoe off to walk the last four miles. A great effort!
Tim Wigram was using the event as a training run for his upcoming Ultra, running a marathon a month. He finished in 4:20. All finishers got a well deserved beer!
- 1 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 2 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 3 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 4 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 5 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 10 How you can help your children keep up with studying