Honiton’s Rayner and Binmore land Indoor County title at Plymouth
- Credit: Archant
Five of Honiton’s ladies progressed to the Devon County Finals held at Plymouth’s new Indoor Bowling green, writes Roger Binmore.
Rosemary Hirons, Anne Hillyear and Pearl Hackwood were competing in the three-wood triples against a team from Plymouth.
They got off to a slow start, but gradually fought their way back to level at 12 shots all. Unfortunately their opponent’s local knowledge came to the fore and they came out winners by 17 shots to 13.
Yvonne Rayner and Carole Binmore teamed up in the four-wood pairs against another duo from Plymouth.
This time the Honiton pair were able to keep the game close early on before eventually pulling away to end worthy winners at 18 shots to 9.
You may also want to watch:
Such was the travelling support that the Honiton followers outnumbered the home support by three-to-one!
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 8 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon