Honiton’s Riddle runs superbly in Charmouth Mini Challenge event
- Credit: Archant
Honiton Junior members took part in the two-and-a-half mile Charmouth Mini Challenge, writes Judy Davey.
Henry Riddle ran superbly to finish second overall in a great time of 22 minutes 24 seconds.
The Juniors were also taken up the gruelling Stone Barrow Lane although spared Golden Cap.
Arthur Heeler-Frood was ninth overall in 24:13 and Flo Swan was firts girl back for Honiton in 10th place in 24:38.
Sam Taylor was next back in 12th place in 25:27 followed by Hope Horsfield who came 16th in 27:36.
You may also want to watch:
Iain Ross would usually have been one of the first few back, but he was sent the wrong way by a marshal!
He ran up an extra section of a hill before having to run back down to continue the correct route.
- 1 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 2 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 5 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 6 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 10 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
He was given a position of 30th place in 35:55. There were 34 finishers.
Once back at Charmouth School runners were treated to a welcome hosing down and a Fete put on by the School where delicious and welcome refreshments were on offer.