Honiton Sea Angling Club stage highly successful Seaton Carnival Open competition
- Credit: Archant
Honiton Sea Angling Club held their annual Open Seaton Carnival Open Shore Competition, writes Mike Spiller.
Conditions were far from ideal, but some really good fish were recorded at the 11pm weigh-in.
Amongst the general catch were; grey mullet, golden grey mullet, mackerel, scad, bass, smoothound, pout, huss, plaice and doggies. It was nice to see many fish like the huss, doggies and smoothound, all kept alive and returned to fight another day!
With an entry of 48 it will make £50 for the carnival funds.
First place, with a huss of 9-11-0 and doggie of 1-15-0, was Simon Skinner of Seaton Sea Anglers. Second place went to Steve Fowles of West Bay SAC with a bass and doggie combination.
You may also want to watch:
Third spot was bagged by Scott Rice of the host club Honiton SAC with a grey mullet and golden grey mullet.
Five juniors also took part and a big thanks must go to Chris Chappell of Seaton Angling Centre for donating a junior prize. The juniors event was won by Archie Sweetland of Beer and District.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
Archie recorded a doggie and a scad. Second spot went to Archie Howell with a grey mullet. Third junior went to Archie Hawker with mackerel.
After the event the beach was swept by the organizers to check for litter and I am very pleased to say, there was no angling rubbish left after the event!
Thanks to everyone for supporting the local comp and thanks to everyone that travelled down to fish the event.
For more details on Honiton Sea Angling Club visit www.honitonsac.co.uk or take a look at the club’s Facebook page.