Honiton golfers compete in Seniors Good Friday Invitation
- Credit: Archant
Lovely weather encouraged a playing field for 79 participants representing seniors, the ladies and the mens sections for the playing of the Good Friday Invitation meeting, writes Ann Desmoulins.
The competition was divided into two sections mixed and mens as all teams played in a three ball better format with only two scores to count.
The winning mens team was John Phillips, David Woodruff and Keith Crane who scored 78 points. Second place went to G Sellick, Nick Mitchell and Duncan Hepburn on 76 points while T Morris, Mike Blake and Bob Underwood’s score of 74 points was enough to earn third.
Richard Beard, Peter Blake and Steve Blundell came in fourth with the same points.
In the mixed division, the winners were Jim Wallis, Cathy Pawley and Dave Anderson who scored 77 points. Second place wen to Garth Millard, Cath Uttley and Jason Gosling on 73 points and third to Len Still, Ann Desmoulins and Tom Tunnicliffe on 71 points. Finally in fourth place was Mike Kent, Lyn Rogers and Brian Bird with 71 points.
You may also want to watch:
After the presentations Steve Butcher completed his delayed Captain’s Drive which finished a very successful and enjoyable day for everyone.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery