Honiton senior success for Purtell
- Credit: Archant
There were 67 Honiton seniors on duty for their latest stableford competition, writes Andy Wagner.
Once again the weather was kind - maybe the last of this dry spell?
Pat Purtell won Division One with 38 points edging out Mike Stroud on countback.
Max Pipe made 36, and Jim Wallis and David Hughes had 34 points.
Division Two was won by George Smith with 38 points. Howard Clayton made 37 while John Pawley, Phil Faulkner and Tony Proudfooot came in with 35 each, separated only on countback over the back nine holes.
You may also want to watch:
Pat, Mike and Max are paying for their prizes with handicap cuts, along with George and Howard in Division Two.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 5 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 6 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis