Honiton seniors battle the weather and Graham and Blundell enjoy success in seniors event
- Credit: Archant
Luckily there was a break in the weather, allowing the Honiton seniors to play a medal and eclectic competition, writes Andy Wagner.
Putting on temporary greens is no joke, but the greens staff did well to have the course playable at all after all the rain.
There were two net scores of 67, which was good going in the conditions.
Ron Graham in Division One and Steve Blundell in Division Two.
They both fell foul of the new winter handicap rules and immediately lost a shot each.
You may also want to watch:
The Division one runners-up were Mike O’Reilly, Alan Pollock, Mike Ward and Alan Devenny. In Division two Captain Bob Underwood took second place with a net 69, followed by Ron Cooper, John Vessey and David Lavender. Alan Rowley won the nine-hole competition. Captain Bob supplied the mince pies for an after-game treat - and they were all eaten.
- 1 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 4 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 5 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 6 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 How you can help your children keep up with studying
- 9 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery