Honiton seniors Bowmaker success for Mags, Cockett and Barker
- Credit: Archant
Honiton seniors had two matches over the past week - at home to Crediton and away at Taunton and Pickeridge – and recorded a loss at both, writes John Pawley.
The Honiton seniors’ competition for Friday was a Bowmaker, where teams of three play the course with one scoring on the first six holes, two scoring for the next six and all scoring for the last six, writes John Pawley.
The format sounds simple, the course was good having had overnight rain but the scores didn’t reflect anything brilliant.
Top score was only 69 from Dave Maggs, Bob Cockett and Kit Barker, ahead of the 68 of Dave Morgan, David Pearson and Nick Mitchell. There were four teams recording 66, so count-back was used to position Stan Squire, Peter Stubbington and John Chew third and Phil Faulkner, Mike Watts and John Frith next.
The 62 members were playing off three quarters of their handicaps, so it was a fair challenge.
You may also want to watch:
There were plenty of twos – Derek Herrington, Nick Mitchell, Alex Neil, Bob Cockett, Tom Stanton and Buzz Harris, at the second, David Scott and John Pawley, at the fourth and Steve Blundell and Stan Squire, at the 12th.
Honiton seniors also played a brace of matches over the past week – and lost them both – going down at home to Crediton and away at Taunton and Pickeridge.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 3 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 8 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 9 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax