Honiton seniors enjoy success over visiting Churston
- Credit: Archant
Honiton seniors were in action with a return meeting against Churston, writes John Pawley.
In what were humid conditions, the course was in good condition, if a little wet in places due to previous rain.
In June the Honiton team had done well with a 3-3 draw at Churston, so they were hoping to go one better this time.
Indeed, Mike Sennitt’s team did just that as they secured a three-and-a-half to two-and-a-half success.
The usual very pleasant meal etc, was followed by a reliable piece of humour from club president Max Pipe.
You may also want to watch:
On Thursday it was the turn of East Devon to visit Honiton for their seniors match.
The sides had met earlier in the season at Budleigh where Honiton lost 4-2.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 3 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 4 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 5 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 6 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 9 The US Open: part two
- 10 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
However, this time they were the 4-2 winners which mean an overall 6-all draw between the sides.