Honiton seniors medal victory for Roger Edwards
- Credit: Archant
The recent poor weather relented just in time on Friday to enable the Honiton seniors to have their last medal competition of the year, writes Ann Desmoulins.
With a low sun, wet grass and the autumn leaves to contend with speed around the course was not great.
Of the near 60 members who did play there were some nil returns - due to the afore mentioned factors.
There were no twos achieved, so the ball sweep was decided by a random draw of four cards.
Division Two was won by Mike Jones with his 72, followed by Bill Phillips, Sydney Martin and Phil Faulkner - all with 76. David Pearson was fifth with his 77.
You may also want to watch:
The Division One winner, and landing the monthly medal, was Roger Edwards with his 69. Dave Maggs was second (72) followed by Paul Ritchie (73) Bill Eaton (74) and David Woodruff (75).
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone