Honiton Seniors Open success for team from Bigbury
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The second Honiton Seniors Open of the year, a Texas Scramble, was held on the first Friday of July with around 150 competitors from over 20 clubs making up the three-man teams, writes John Pawley.
Conditions were good for golf, with the course in excellent condition, and the weather continuing to be fine.
At the end of the day club president Max Pipe presented the overall winners prize to the Bigbury team of Michael Fulton, Eric Harris and Richard Adcock with their score of 58.6.
In the visitors’ section, the team from Fingle Glen came out on top with 60.9, ahead of those from Teignmouth (61.3) and Weymouth (62.1), with Tavistock (62.4) fourth. Winners of the Honiton member’s section were the team of Peter Morgan, Vic Wood and Phil Deacon with 59.6 followed by Phil Faulkner, Eric Short and David Armstrong with 59.7.
Third were the Larry Goodliffe, John Locke and Duncan Hepburn group (59.9) ahead of Alex Neil, Alan Devenny and George Smith (62.7).
You may also want to watch:
The prizes for nearest the pin and the longest drive were both won by Steve Butcher of Honiton.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 5 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 6 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 7 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 8 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 9 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis