Honiton seniors’ stableford success for Max Pipe
Max Pipe, with his enormous but perfectly-controlled slice, made mincemeat of the course during the Honiton seniors’ stableford competition and left the rest of the 72 players standing, writes Andy Wagner.
His score of 47 points may well be a record for a seniors competition, and as it was made over a course with several temporary greens in play it was a notable achievement.
He was also the only player to make a two and he walked away with 48 golf balls.
Some regarded this as rubbing salt into the wound!
The also-rans in Division One were Dave Morgan (39) and Paul Ritchie (38) followed by Mike Stroud and Alan Devenny.
You may also want to watch:
Division Two was won by Norman Runciman with a 37, beating Derek Herrington on countback.
Phil Faulkner, Bob Milton and Jack Phillips took the rest of the prizes.
- 1 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 2 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 3 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 4 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 9 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 10 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott