Honiton seniors success for trio
- Credit: Archant
No fewer than 65 seniors turned out on Friday for a Texas Scramble which was played in glorious late Autumn weather, writes Ann Desmoulins.
The resultant scoring was unusually good. Leading the pack were Mike Ward, Phil Wall and David Lee with a net score of 60.9.
Close behind on 61.9 were Duncan Hepburn, Mike Delaney and Kit Barker with 61.9 followed by Barry Rogers, Brian Bird and Pete Morgan on 62.7.
Nigel Broadbent, David Anderson and Chris Street were fourth with 64.3.
Last week there was a deluge of twos.
You may also want to watch:
This time there was only one which entitled the winner – Larry Goodliffe – to 42 balls!
- 1 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 2 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 5 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 6 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 9 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis