Honiton Steele Perkins Memorial Cup win for Bill Eaton
- Credit: Archant
The Honiton mixed section played the annual Steele Perkins Memorial Cup last week, writes Liz Rogers.
This was played as a stableford competition in mixed twos. It proved a popular format and the winners this year, with a score of 37 points was last years senior captain Bill Eaton.
Ken Wood was the runner-up with 36 points and third place was snared by Jan Porlock with 35 points.
The ladies section suffered the elements at their worst for their latest outing! It rained all day long, but all the brave – and hardy – souls who left the clubhouse managed to complete their rounds.
Considering then awful conditions there were some exceptional scores returned.
You may also want to watch:
Fourteen ladies took part in the first round of the DEL Cup. Full results will not be known until after the second round in September.
Nine silver division players entered the stableford competition and there were two prizes. Heather Clarke came first with 37 points and Sue Ritchie was second with 36 points.
- 1 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 2 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 9 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
In the bronze divisions, Sharon Dacre defied the weather to take first place with 38 points and again reduced her handicap.