Honiton still rooted to the foot of the table as halfway approaches
- Credit: Archant
Honiton remain rooted to the foot of the D Division table after they fell to a whopping 190-run defeat at Ashburton.
The home side batted first and made the most of superb batting conditions marching to an impressive close of 291-6.
Honiton skipper Rob Ingram was the most successful of his side’s bowlers with his return being 3-43.
Ingram also provided some resistance with the bat scoring 24, but only one player, Jonathan Hext, topped that with his knock of 32 as Honiton lost wickets at a steady rate, the final one going down on 101.
Of small consolation to Ingram will be the fact his side banked their first batting point for three matches!
You may also want to watch:
On the down side Honiton stay bottom and are 15 points from safety heading into this weekend fixture at home to Whitchurch with this Saturday marking the halfway point of the campaign.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 9 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 10 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert