Honiton suffer at hands of visiting Ashburton
- Credit: Archant
Honiton lost for the first time in three games since Adam Holmes assumed the captains role at Mountbatten Park.
The game with visiting Ashburton saw the hosts without the Kelly brothers.
Promotion chasing Ashburton bated first and powered their way to 278 for the loss of just four wickets.
In reply the home side were bundled out for just 117.
The defeat leaves Honiton still in the thick of the relegation picture.
You may also want to watch:
There are four teams at the foot embroiled in a battle to avoid being one of the two who will slip down a section in eight weeks time.
Honiton currently sit fourth bottom on 91 points, the same number as eighth placed Countess Wear with Feniton second bottom on 87 points and basement side Halberton and Sampford Peverell on 86.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
Next up for Honiton is Saturday’s trip to second placed Seaton.