Honiton Sunday AM success for Beard and Wiley
- Credit: Archant
At last, the weather seems to be relenting and some competitions were played last week at Honiton, writes Ann Desmoulins.
After what has been a difficult winter, we managed to get out onto the course on Sunday to complete this winter’s Sunday AM competition by playing the final and plate events.
The winners of the final were captain Richard Beard and his partner Rob Wiley, congratulations to them.
Commiserations must also be recorded to beaten finalists Andy Wall and Max McKeown.
Ian Piper and Nicky Bacon easily won the plate with a very good score of 47 points, second were Julian Netherway and Derek Richards with 43 points and third Gary Sellick and Dave Magrath scoring 41 points.
You may also want to watch:
We now look forward to hopefully a good summer, and lots of good scoring and success at Honiton.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 5 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 6 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis