Honiton swimmer Lilley impresses at Devon County Gala in Plymouth
- Credit: Archant
In March, two members of Honiton Swimming Club took part in the Devon County Galas held in Plymouth, writes Margaret and Janet Bargmann
Carys Lilley competed in the 50m and 100m breaststroke, 100m individual medley and 100m backstroke.
She had great success in the 100m IM, getting a new personal best of 1.18.94, as well as getting a time of 1.28.61 in the 100m breaststroke, and she just missed out of a PB in her two other races by one second!
Janet Bargmann competed in the 50m freestyle, achieving a time of 33.81 and missing a PB by less than half a second!
Both girls did very well, and along with the rest of the club, are now preparing for another gala at the wonderful Plymouth Life Centre this coming Saturday (April 5).
You may also want to watch:
Honiton Swimming Club’s own annual Club Championships Gala begins in April, so all the young swimmers are gearing themselves up. For some of the young swimmers, it will be their first gala but they will have so much support from the older swimmers as the club prides itself on its good team spirit.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 3 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 6 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 7 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 8 Riding through the lockdown restrictions
- 9 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 10 Dragon Patchers will continue to keep Devon's potholes filled