Honiton swimmers impress at Exmouth Gala
- Credit: Archant
Seventeen swimmers represented Honiton Swimming Club at the Exmouth Gala, writes Hazel Layzell.
Many of the swimmers finished in the top six of their age category for either 50m or 100m in all strokes and the 100 individual medley.
There were many gold, silver and bronze medals awarded to the club swimmers.
For some of them this was their first competitive gala - well done!
Three Honiton swimmers had times to be able to represent the club at the Devon County Championships.
You may also want to watch:
For both Hannah Trude and Sam Gammon this was their first time at the Championships. Hannah obtained personal best times for 13 year female 50m backstroke and 50m butterfly. Sam qualified for the final of the U11 male 100m individual medley, finishing fifth overall with a personal best too.
Unfortunately, Carys Lilley was unable to attend due to illness.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 3 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 4 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 5 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 8 Riding through the lockdown restrictions
- 9 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 10 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost