Honiton swimmers made of tough stuff
Honiton and Sid Vale swimming clubs combined to enter a team of swimmers for the East Devon Mini League at Exmouth, writes Margaret Bargmann.
Despite very stiff opposition, the swimmers did very well.
Swimmers taking part from Honiton were Tabitha Vaughan, Oliver Vercoe, Jack Gregorious, Carys Liley, Jessie Batten-Stevens, Erin Marshallsay and Ben Levy.
Before the start they were told by the head coach, Ralph Watson, to just enjoy the gala and do their best.
This they certainly did, recording 13 personal best times, which were over and above those achieved in the recent club gala.
You may also want to watch:
At that event 41 personal bests were achieved by members of the club.
A special mention must go to Jack Gregorious who, on the night, swam eight events. This was despite being ill the previous night, which just goes to show the commitment the swimmers have.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 3 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 6 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 7 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 8 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 9 The US Open: part two
- 10 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
Ralph Watson said, “As a coach you can't ask for any more. I was very proud of them.”