Honiton teenager Wright in England Under-18 side beaten by Wales
- Credit: Archant
Honiton teenager Charlie Wright was again part of the England Under-18 team that took to the pitch for their third game of the season at the weekend.
Wright, who attends Exeter College and is also on the books at Exeter Chiefs, wore the number seven jersey for the England Under-18s in the match against Wales U18 at Eugene Cross Park home of Ebbw Vale RFC.
The match resulted in a first defeat of the season for England, beaten 29-19 on the night.
Two tries from number eight Sam Moore had given England a 12-10 lead at the break before an impressive fight-back from the hosts in the second half.
A score from Dewi Cross, Harri Morgan and a penalty try was enough to see Wales secure victory.
You may also want to watch:
England U18 will now turn their attention to the U18 International Series which starts on Saturday, April 8.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone