Honiton Texas Scramble success for Thomas, Rogers and Stockley
- Credit: Archant
Seventy-eight seniors were involved in the latest competition, one that is a firm favourite, a Texas scramble.
Some people certainly found the conditions to their liking judging by the scores!
First place went to the team of Fred Thomas, Barry Rogers and Martin Stockley with an impressive nett 59.5.
Second place was almost as good, as with a nett 60.0 was the team of Roger Matthews, John Fleetwood and Alan DeVenny.
Third was the team of Mike Blake, Mike Delaney and Rob Stickland with a nett 62.8, whilst, in fourth close behind was Keith Major, Mike Watts and David Woodruff with a nett 62.9.
You may also want to watch:
There were eight twos and reach received five bals.
Twos were scored by Pat Purtell and Tom Tunnicliffe on the seconnd, Derek Keen and Dave Lee on the 10th, Steve Butcher on the seventh, Bob Cockett on the 12th and Chris Vincent with two two's on the seventh and the 12th.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery