Honiton Tigers Under-10s too strong for hosts Tiverton
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Honiton Tigers Under 10s ended the year on a high when they travelled to Tiverton on Sunday and recorded a brace of comfortable wins.
In the opening game the visitors scored five tries in each half to record a 50-0 success.
Finley Backhouse and Tom Phillips both scored a brace of five-pointers in the first half. The other try was scored by Olly Morris.
Alfie Pike and Ewan Powers-Maguire, playing despite injury, both crossed the home side’s line twice and Morris added his second try of the day.
Powers-Maguire, Pike and Harvey Hannay scored in the second game as Honiton raced into a 15-0 half-time lead.
You may also want to watch:
The Tigers agreed to play a player short in the second half but this didn’t seem to affect them as further tries from Alfie Johnson (2), Powers-Maguire and Rob Hennessy saw them race into a 35-0 lead.
With another heavy defeat on the horizon, the referee ended the game early, but not before Tiverton did manage to penetrate the Tigers defence which was celebrated enthusiastically by the home crowd.
- 1 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 2 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 3 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 4 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 5 A tribute to Axminster mayor Anni Young
- 6 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 9 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert
- 10 Beer Men's Shed receives £10,000 lottery funding
Coach Jon Hannay said: “I’ve been delighted with the players so far this season. We know teams are likely to improve after Christmas, but we are hoping to do the same and we look forward to a successful 2017.”