Honiton Town caught up in the Fishermen’s nets!
- Credit: Archant
A 1-1 draw at Beer Albion has put a big dent in the Macron League Premier Division hopes of Honiton Town.
Joe Mulhall scored an equaliser to ensure the Hippos got something to show for a difficult afternoons visit to Furzebrake, a ground on which home side Beer Albion have made a habit of ‘pegging back the big boys’, on.
The point sees Town now two clear of second placed Newtown and eight ahead of Elmore.
However, Newtown, who were not in league action last weekend – they were winning an East Devon Senior Cup tie against Lyme Regis – had played a game fewer and so, if they won it, would sit a point behind the Hippos with both teams having then four games to play.
What may yet be Town’s ‘saving grace’ is the fact that Newtown must also visit Beer with their visit to Furzebrake set for the end of the month.
You may also want to watch:
The Hippos are in action this Saturday (April 8) when they host Clyst Valley at Mountbatten Park (3pm).
Macron League Premier Division table after the April 1 games.
- 1 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 2 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 9 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
P W D L GD Pts
Honiton Town 24 18 5 1 63 59
Newtown 23 19 0 4 42 57
Elmore 22 17 0 5 45 51
Remaining games for the three title chasing teams:
Honiton Town last four
April 8 H Clyst Valley; April 15 H Elmore; April 22 H Beer Albion; and to be arranged H Exmouth Amateurs.
Newtown last five
April 19 H Okehampton; April 22 H Feniton; April 26 H Bow; April 29 H Beer Albion and to be arranged A Okehampton.
Elmore last six: April 8 H Exmouth Amateurs; April 15 A Honiton Town; April 17 H Clyst Valley; April 22 A Heavitree United and to be arranged: A Bow and H Feniton.
Make sure you see a copy of the Midweek Herald (out next on Wednesday, April 5) for the best pots-match coverage from the Hippos camp.