Honiton Town drop two more big points
HONITON Town boss Paddy Thomas was left to rue two points dropped as his side continue to battle to beat the drop out of Division One.
Town were forced to come from behind to take a point from a 1-1 draw at another of the struggling sides, Sidbury.
Thomas said: “We had the chances to nail the game and didn’t take them. Our position is not good and the coming games are going to stretch us but we do have real character in the side as we showed in coming back from a goal down against Sidbury and, for sure, whilst we have the will and the desire, we’ll continue to do battle.”
Town were back in action on Monday night with a home game against the same Heavitree Social United reserves side they face again, albeit in Exeter, on Saturday and they are also in action tonight (Wednesday) with a home game against Witheridge.
Prior to the Monday night game Town sat eight points adrift of Feniton but with three game sin hand on the Acland Park outfit and the two sides have yet to play.”
You may also want to watch:
Thomas said: “As long as we can keep Feniton in our sights up until the time we meet them and that can be the game that brings us salvation. But we do have tough games tom play and need to continue the belief that we can escape the drop.”
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 5 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert
- 10 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations