Honiton Town in Wednesday night action at Budleigh Salterton
- Credit: Archant
Honiton Town are in South West Peninsula League action tonight (Wednesday) when they make the short trip to Greenway Lane, Budleigh Salterton (7.30pm).
The Hippos will be attempting to land their first away win of the league season – at the sixth time of asking having taken just a single point from their five away league outings so far.
The Hippos have already played Budleigh once in the league this term, losing the evening kick-off back in August, 3-1.
To date, Town have lost Saturday away games at St Martins (4-1) and Liverton (1-0), but they did bag a Saturday matchday draw with a 1-1 on their visit to Brixham. They have so far played two away midweek games, losing 2-1 at Axminster Town and 3-1 at Crediton United.
Budleigh’s home record is not good – they have lost three of their four home matches so far with their only success a 3-1 winover Crediton United in their last home game, on September 20.
You may also want to watch:
Both sides were in action last weekend with Budleigh being beaten 2-1 at Teignmouth while Honiton Town were 1-0 home winners over Galmpton and Roselands thanks to a first half Andy Isaacs penalty.
Budleigh are the higher-placed of the two in the table. The Robins sit seventh, five places, and two points better off than Town.
- 1 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 2 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 7 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Rugby on a rollercoaster of disruption